Sunday, August 7, 2011






I have been so busy playing music that I haven't had time to work much on the guitar, but I did go to Brad's and get the plates cut out.  I'm trying to add a video of the pantograph machine being used, but I haven't had much luck.  For those interested, I'm playing Friday at City Lights Cafe with Maggie and the Romantics.  7:00 show.  Should be fun.
      I got home last night from playing a great gig with an upright bass player named Dan Ianucci.  Sorry if I spelled the name wrong.  3 hours of good music thanks to his creativity and sweet spirit.  Anyway, I watched part of a documentary called The Examined Life.  It is a series of interviews with modern day philosophers.  Very interesting.  If you can't watch the whole thing, check out Cornel West.  His ideas on birth, death and music are priceless.
     I have a busy week, with a lot of music to play and so, the guitar may have to wait, but I'll try to find some time for it.  Even so, I'll probably have more to write about soon, as it seems God is up to something and the mystery continues.  Video of pantograph machine.

1 comment:

Michael Collings said...

Cornel West was awesome--I agree that he has a bit of a crazy gleam in his eye--kind on like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a wallet that said "bad m--f--" on it.