Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dots or no dots




The body binding is done except for the scraping, and the fretboard and neck are done except for sanding and inlays.  I will try to cut the mortise and tenon this week and join the neck to the body.  The question is position markers (dots), or not.  What do you think?  Here are pictures both ways.
      The big news is I'm a grandfather again.  Jesse and Kyla had number 3.  Una Bernice Savage.  Three girls.  I hope you have a house one day that has at least two bathrooms, or you'll be banished to the great outdoors.  I'll write again soon, and checkout our new video.  It's a tune I wrote for our song a week project.

3 comments:

Jesse Savage said...

They both look pretty slick. If pressed I would have to say no dots. I like the more simple look. Plus, when you put strings on it, it will give it that little bit of pinache to boost it into awesomeness.

Michael Collings said...

I like no dots too. But then I have to ask myself if it's just on this guitar that it looks better or on all guitars? Don't know... Will you have dots on the upper side of the neck?

jeff savage said...

I will have placement marks on the side and I think no dots wins out.