Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Mortise and Tenon

      After 16 or so hard hours of fitting, I finally got the neck on the body.  It is very difficult for me to get the joint properly lined up, so I end up with a lot of finagling.  I only have to cut the inlay in the headstock and do some sanding on the heel of the neck and I'll be able to glue it together.
      Two new videos to look for; one coming out tonight, a Steely Dan-ish tune written by Michael, and a Christmas song I wrote for Donna, coming out Christmas eve.  Check for them on Facebook, or Maggie and the Romantics on Youtube.
      Quote of the day comes from Rumi.   "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.  When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about.
      And I need to add this one I just found.  It sounds so much like where I'm going,  "Do not be satisfied with the stories that come before you.  Unfold your own myth."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. I need some specific Campbell recommendations. JF

jeff savage said...

By far, my favorite is, "The hero with a thousand faces." George Lucas said he would have never written Star Wars with out first reading it. And Bill Moyers said that since college he has not gone back to another book as often as this one. I was able to explain one of my daughters dreams after reading the chapter on supernatural aid. And the section on the belly of the whale is also very interesting. The other book I like a lot is, "Myths to live by." It is a collection of talks on Mythology in The Great Hall of The Cooper Union Forum in NYC from 1958 to 1971.